Safety and Emergency Management
Safety is a top priority for Kilgore ISD, and we will do everything in our power to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
Every Kilgore ISD campus has visitor screening/sign-in procedures; visitors are required to present identification and are run through Raptor a system that provides alerts for registered sex offenders.
- A criminal background check is conducted on all Kilgore ISD volunteers and employees.
- All employees are required to wear Kilgore ISD photo identification badges.
- All campuses have Kilgore Police Department officers present throughout the day, as well as district security officers and first responders available.
- All campuses have video surveillance cameras on the interior and exterior of the building.
- Kilgore ISD utilizes a emergency notification system to communicate with staff and parents through either emails or phone calls, whichever is most appropriate for the situation at hand.
- Kilgore ISD schools have regular safety drills throughout the school year involving both students and staff.
- The district has a Crisis Management Plan that is evaluated and updated regularly.
- Kilgore ISD consults regularly with local law enforcement and first responders about school safety.
- Every year the district does security audits throughout the district.