The Kilgore ISD Foundation is a 501 c(3) nonprofit tax-exempt philanthropic organization of citizens that share a vision of enhancing education in Kilgore ISD. It works to increase private support for educational activities at KISD which benefit students and personnel by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars. The foundation fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement, and awards foundation funds through volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community and educational leaders.
Mission Statement:The mission of the Kilgore ISD Education Foundation is to enhance the educational experience of all Kilgore schoolchildren by providing financial support and other resources to supplement district-wide programs and activities.
- Encourage Academic excellence in the Kilgore Independent School District by providing funding not available through traditional local, state and federal sources.
- Provide opportunities for Kilgore ISD teachers and staff to develop innovative projects through grants
- Invest in programs that have a positive impact on student success.
- Develop a network of former Kilgore students to encourage their continued interest in and support of public education.
- Seek and cultivate private and corporate funding sources.