The mission of Kilgore Independent School District School Nutrition Services Department is to provide tasty, nutritious meals, offer optimal customer service and food safety all while adhering to all state and federal guidelines.
The goals of Kilgore ISD School Nutrition Services are to:
- Improve the health and education of the students through a nutritionally and educationally sound food service program.
- Maintain and continuously develop high standards of school food service products and services.
- Unite school and community efforts to assure that every student is receiving the best school food services available.
- Recruit and train quality school food service staff to improve and protect the integrity of the service and product they provide for our students.
KISD STUDENT CHARGE POLICY
SCHOOL BOARD APPROVED 7/23/2018
Click on the links below to review the charge policy. Copies of the charge policy were sent home on the first day of school. If you would like a copy of the policy sent to you, please contact Emily Wilson, SN Admin Asst at (903) 988-3900.
BREAKFAST SERVED HERE!
Studies have shown that students that eat breakfast have better concentration, higher test scores and less behavior problems because they are not hungry.
To help ensure our students are adequately nourished and ready to learn, Kilgore ISD will be offering a universal free breakfast to all students PreK-12th grades.
Kilgore ISD offers your student a nutritious breakfast Monday-Friday. Students have a choice of one or more entree items that include high quality proteins and are whole grain rich! Also offered at breakfast is a variety of 100% juice, fruit and fat free flavored or 1% unflavored milk.
Get your student off to a smart start with BREAKFAST!
TDA’s You Art What You Eat art contest engages students K-12 in learning about healthy nutrition by encouraging them to use their imagination and illustrate healthy school meals while also incorporating TDA's provided theme. The winning entries inspire designs for cafeteria posters, social media ads, flyers and other resources that schools across Texas will use for celebrating National School Lunch Week and School Breakfast Week.
- Students will incorporate school lunch or breakfast items into their artwork.
- Winners will be chosen from
- Primary (Kindergarten - 5th grade)
- Secondary (6th grade - 12th grade)
- Winners will be announced in September 2019.
2019-2020 Art Contest Themes
- Save the Day with a Healthy School Lunch
- Save the Day with a Healthy School Breakfast