Qualifications: The District shall attempt to hire certified teachers as substitutes whenever possible; however, no person shall be employed as a substitute teacher without a High School Diploma or GED.
Upon completion of the Sub Teacher Orientation, approved substitutes shall have on file with the District:
- Completed application
- Completed I-9 form
- Completed W-4 form
- Criminal History Record Authorization
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- Electronic Communications Agreement
- Ethnicity & Race Questionnaire
- Identification (2) forms of ID such as: valid social security card and valid driver's license
- New Hire Information Sheet
- Official transcript, including high school diploma, GED certificate, or college transcript
- Public Access Authorization
- Sub Teacher Handbook Receipt
- Sub Teacher Job Description
- Teacher certificate (if applicable)
- TRS ActiveCare Election-Spouse and/or dependent SSN required to enroll or decline health coverage
Employment forms listed at bottom of page.
Substitute pay will be reviewed annually and determined by the Board of Trustees during the budget process. Salary schedule is as follows:
- Aide, clerical – $65.00 per day
All substitutes, regardless of degree or certification, will receive $65.00 per day when substituting in a paraprofessional position.
- Non degreed and non-certified - $65.00 per day
- Bachelor degreed and non-certified teacher - $75.00 per day
- Bachelor degreed and certified teacher - $85.00 per day
- Degree non-certified long term subs - $90.00 per day** (Please see below)
- Degreed and certified long term subs - $100.00 per day** (Please see below)
Long Term Subs:
** Degreed non-certified substitute teachers working in any one teaching position for more than 10 consecutive days will be compensated at $90.00 per day.
** Degreed and certified substitute teachers working in any one teaching position for more than 10 consecutive days will be compensated at $100.00 per day.
Pay checks are mailed on the 26th day of the month. If the 26th falls on a weekend, scheduled school break or holiday, checks are mailed on the preceding workday. Checks will include all substitute days worked the prior month. Individual’s working four (4) hours or less per day will receive one half-day’s pay. Individual’s working more than four hours per day will receive a full day’s pay.
All required documents regarding salary, i.e., transcripts, certification etc. must be received by the Human Resources Department to secure accurate pay is received.