Kilgore ISD on Bullying
Facts about Bullying
- Bullying is NOT a fact of life. It is a life changing event.
- Bullying is a form of abuse, harassment and violence.
- Bullying is a learned behavior.
- 86% of children between the ages of 12 and 15 said that they get teased or bullied at school.
Creating a Culture of Kindness & Caring
- Teach the difference between tattling and telling.
- Teach kindness and caring. Make kindness and caring parts of your everyday vocabulary.
- Invite kids to make choices.
- Promote random acts of kindness.
- Teach empathy and compassion.
- Be kind.
- Be consistent with rules and consequences.
- Talk about values/ethical principles.
- Use teachable moments – relate everything to kindness and caring.
- Role model positive, respectful, and caring behavior. Watch own reactions and words.
- Promote persity.
- Make sure we (adults) are warm, caring and having a positive influence with the children. Give compliments. Be grateful.
Documents / Resources
This web page provides links to other Internet pages created and maintained by other organizations. Links are only for the convenience of web site users and we are not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor do we endorse or guarantee the services or information offered at these sites.
Walk a Mile in Their Shoes: Bullying and the Child with Special Needs
Face Bullying With Confidence: 8 Skills Kids Can Use Right Away
Love and Logic Resources for Educators
HOW TO REPORT
2. QuickTips Reporting link on www.kisd.org
3. Download QuickTips app for your mobile device.
(Enter KISD as the location code.)
4. Campus Office - box for anonymous submissions
Are you being bullied?
Do you know of a bullying situation?
Do you know of a situation where someone might be harmed?