Emergency / Inclement Weather
During inclement weather, Kilgore ISD officials are monitoring local forecasts, weather, wind temperatures, and road conditions. Safe driving conditions for our school buses, students, and staff members are our primary concern when making decisions related to inclement weather. When hazardous conditions or the need for "Remote Instruction" exist and the need to postpone and/or cancel school arises, KISD will use the following procedures:
- Every attempt will be made to make decisions involving "Remote Instruction," postponement and/or cancelling of the school day either by 10:00 PM the evening before or by 6:00 AM the morning of the affected day.
- For "Remote Instruction Days,"
- Students will need to return completed activities to their teacher upon return to campus.
- Students will be expected to complete activities for each day in order to be counted present for days identified as “Remote Instruction Days.”
- Any postponement and/or school day cancellation will be communicated to parents, students, and staff members via the following:
- KISD School Messenger Phone Calling System
- Please check your KISD Skyward Family Access account to ensure your emergency notification contact information is up to date.
- Please contact your child’s appropriate school campus to update Skyward Family Access information
- KISD website www.kisd.org
- KISD Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Campus Facebook)
- The following local media outlets will also be contacted: