Kilgore ISD faculty and staff have been hard at work preparing for the return to school in August, 2020. Please remember that staff are scheduled to return on Monday, August 3rd. and all students are scheduled to return on Wednesday, August 19th.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to interpret federal, state and local guidance on reopening guidelines that we receive daily. Here is the latest information as we understand it at this time. Updated 7/17/2020.
To help ensure this back to school plan, KISD has set the following priorities to serve as our 2020-2021 foundational core:
- KISD will ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our Bulldog students, staff members, and visitors,
- KISD will continue our educational environment goal of providing maximum instructional delivery with an emphasis on face-to-face learning, and
- KISD will provide flexibility for continuity of learning should the learning environment or ultimate configuration need to change.
Please click any of the below underlined links for more specific information.
- UPDATED - KISD Return to School Plan (9/29/2020)
- Updated FAQ's (8/3/2020)
- Updated KISD Return to School Plan
- Added Spanish Version (8/4/2020)
- Updated Employee Return to Work Procedures (8/3/2020)
- Updated Deep Cleaning Protocol (8/3/2020)
- Updated definition of "close contact" (7/31/2020)
- Updated "return to campus" protocol (7/31/2020)
- Added Instructional Plans for KISD Campuses
- Updated Return to School Plan (7/22/2020)
- Updated Employee Screener protocol
- Added Employee pre-screener
- Added "Student Daily Screener" to Return to School Plan (7/21/2020)
- A form to assist families in daily screenings of students was added to the Appendix of the Return to School Plan. Located at the end of the document.
- Change to Student Start Date (7/17/2020)
- Student Start Date - August 19, 2020
- Face Coverings and Health / Safety Protocols
- Frequent Asked Questions (7/17/2020)
- KISD Facilities (7/17/2020)
- Kilgore ISD has temporarily suspended the KISD practice of renting or allowing the use of any KISD facility to non-school organizations for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.