Frequently Asked Questions
This is a working document. As the state releases new and updated guidance, answers will be adjusted to reflect those changes.
No, elementary students will not be issued a device. Parents must provide a device and internet service.
11. If I choose remote learning, will there be a specific schedule where my child will need to attend class? (8/3/2020)
YES. Students in grades PK-12 will have a daily schedule and must be in attendance by logging into the virtual classroom or completing assignments. Elementary students will have a schedule that states the activities they will complete on their own and when to log in for live instruction with the teacher.12. Will students be able to take all of the same courses remotely as they would on campus? (8/3/2020)
Most courses will be the same for both the On-Campus and At-Home instruction; however, some courses require hands on experiences that would require a learner to be on campus. Currently, KHS is unable to offer the following courses remotely:
- Yearbook/ Newspaper
- Ag Mechanics
- Floral Design Prin of Construction
- Adv Construction
- Prin of Architecture
- Arch 2/3 Dual Credit Welding
- Dual Credit Medical Terminology
- Dual Credit Blueprint Reading/ Safety
- Dual Credit Cosmetology
- Boys/Girls Athletics
- BIM II Games Design
- Video Programming
When possible, courses will be substituted with courses similar or equivalent curriculum and credit.
13. If I choose Remote-At-Home Learning for my elementary student will they have the same teacher if they return for On-Campus Learning? (8/3/2020)
No, there are teachers who will be designated Remote-Learning Teachers, if your child returns to
On-Campus Instruction they will have a different teacher.