Any administrator, School Resource Officer, or school peace officer can refuse to allow, or may reject any person from property under the district’s control.
If the person refuses to leave peacefully and either:
- Poses a substantial risk of harm to any person, or
- Behaves in a manner that is inappropriate for a school setting.
- A verbal warning is issued that the behavior is inappropriate and may result in refusal of entry, or ejection.
- If the person persists after the warning, the person may be refused entry or ejected.
- Keep a record of each verbal warning that includes the person’s name and date
- At the time of refusal or ejection, the district will provide written information explaining the appeal process
- The term of the refusal cannot exceed two years
- If this happens to the parent of a student, the school must accommodate the parent so that they can participate in ARD or 504 meetings.
- There must be a notice about this, including the appeal process, posted on the district’s website and the website of each campus.
Appeal process (appeals must be filed within 10 days of written response)
In accordance with School Board policy, Kilgore ISD’s appeal process and complaint forms can be found at the following link: https://pol.tasb.org/Home/Index/539